Reserving Space on Campus
If you wish to host a meeting for a parish ministry, please follow these basic guidelines for using parish facilities. To reserve space, please contact the Parish Office at 561-5954 ext. 2101, or email@example.com. Out of courtesy to others, please notify the Parish Office if the time or location of your program changes or gets cancelled. Here is an overview of available spaces:
- Gym (holds 200+; requires advance notice (72 hours minimum) for set-up if tables and chairs are needed; bleachers are retractable and hold 100 for smaller groups; ideal for large presentations or receptions)
- St. Dominic Lobby (holds 48 with tables and chairs and 75 if only chairs are needed; requires advanced notice (72 hours minimum) for set-up; smaller gathering spaces are available; ideal for medium presentations and receptions)
- St. Joseph Room (holds 25 with tables and chairs and 40 if only chairs are needed; requires advanced notice (72 hours minimum) for set-up; smaller gathering space is available, with a conference table and chairs that seat 12; ideal for smaller presentations and receptions)
- Divine Mercy Room (holds 9; equipped with conference table and chairs; ideal for small sized meetings and prayer groups)
- Music Room (holds up to 20; only equipped with chairs; ideal for average sized meetings and prayer groups; located in the basement, so requires ability to navigate multiple steps)
St. Gertrude School
- Upper Level (accessible by two sets of doors near front of building)
- Holy Grill Cafeteria (holds up to 100; equipped with tables and chairs that can be moved to accommodate various sized groups; capable of hosting simultaneous meetings due to room configuration, depending on group size; ideal for large presentations or receptions; built-in audio and projection system; waiver and fee required if kitchen is used)
- St. Thomas Aquinas Library (holds up to 25; tables and chairs can be moved to accommodate various sized groups; tables, if moved, must be re-configured for use next day; built-in projection system; ideal for medium presentations and receptions)
- Jayne O’Neill Room/Religious Education Office (holds up to 6; equipped with conference table and chairs; ideal for small sized meetings and prayer groups)
- Faculty Lunch Room (holds 12; equipped with conference table and chairs; ideal for small sized meetings and prayer groups)
- Lower Level (all rooms are accessible by main doors on Upper Level; proceed to stairs or elevator, or use door on playground level)
- Junior High Classrooms (five rooms have capacity for seating up to 25; desks can be moved to accommodate various sized groups and must be re-configured for use next day)
Junior High Conference Room (holds up to 10; has conference table and chairs; ideal for small sized meetings and prayer groups)
- St. Cecilia Music Room (holds up to 25; desks may be moved, but must be re-configured for school next day; ideal for small meetings and prayer groups)
- Blessed Fra Angelico Art Room (holds up to 30; has eight tables and stools for 2-4 people at each table; ideal for less intimate gatherings)
- Parish Liturgical needs (funerals, holy days, other major liturgical events) take precedence over any other scheduled events. If your scheduled room is needed due to a funeral or other liturgical need, we will try to arrange for a comparable sized space, but cannot guarantee room availability.
- Projection equipment and portable screens are available for meetings and other functions via the parish office. Call in advance to reserve what you need and we will do our best to accommodate you. Laptop computers and other devices needed for your event must be supplied by your group.
- There are two "open spaces" on the school’s upper and lower levels (called the “fish lobby’s”) that may be used for gatherings that do not require privacy; groups must provide their own folding chairs and tables, if needed.
- Who is using our facilities
- Where the meeting is being held
- How long the meeting will last.
- It is assumed that those wishing to reserve space on campus are registered St. Gertrude parishioners and the group using the space is a St. Gertrude Parish Ministry.
- All groups using parish facilities must designate one person who will be responsible for keys and/or equipment loaned out and complying with all the above stated room requirements including turning off all lights and securing all doors.
- The Parish may require a signed “Hold Harmless” agreement and proof of insurance depending on the nature of the event or the group reserving space.
Due to insurance and liability concerns associated with our facilities, we must know: